Driving Electric is fun!
Welcome to a better way of driving. Electric Vehicles (EVs) are more than just a way to getting around from place to place, they accent your values, your style and your commitment to making the world a better place! Moreover, EVs are up to 70% more sustainable than gasoline/diesel vehicles over their lifetime and are less expensive to operate and maintain. EVs often perform better, offer quick acceleration, smooth handling and a quieter ride.
Still not convinced? Here are some more reasons why you may want to make the switch to electric:
EVs help fight climate change
- EVs are better for the environment: They emit fewer greenhouse gases and air pollutants than gasoline/diesel vehicles. Globally, EVs emit approximately 60-70% less carbon dioxide (CO2) compared with traditional internal combustion vehicles. CO2 is the principal gas associated with global warming and climate change.
- EVs are quieter than gasoline cars: This means less noise pollution.
- Ontario is a great place to drive an EV: Most of Ontario’s electricity comes from hydro and nuclear generation, which are low-emitting sources. The average Canadian driver can reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by as much as 90% by switching to an EV.
Owning an EV makes financial sense
- Savings on fuel: EVs have lower operational costs; this is especially true if you charge overnight or on weekends when the time-of-use cost of electricity is lower. The average Canadian driver, travelling 20,000 km per year, can save as much as $2,000 in fuel annually.
- Lower maintenance costs: EVs have far fewer moving mechanical parts, do not require oil changes, coolant flushes or exhaust system repairs - saving you hundreds of dollars per year on maintenance. In fact, a recent Canadian study found that on average there was a 47% maintenance cost savings for EVs over gas/diesel powered vehicles.
- Get rebates and incentives: The Government of Canada offers a purchase incentive of up to $5,000 for electric vehicle. Plug’n Drive, in collaboration with Clean Air Partnership, offers an incentive on used electric vehicle purchases.
Become part of a sustainable and caring culture
- Enjoy an EV lifestyle: If you’re a car enthusiast, EVs offer excitement in the realm of automotive development and technology advancement. With a wide range of models and price points, buying an EV has never been easier. You can take advantage of Ontario’s growing EV charging network of rapid chargers along main highway rest stops and urban centres as well as public charging stations available at an increasing number of restaurants, retail outlets and destinations.
- Feel special: In Ontario, you can get a Green Vehicle license plate that identifies you as an EV owner and allows you to drive in all provincial high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes, even with only one person in the vehicle, getting you where you need to go faster. In Ontario, designated parking spaces with charging stations are reserved for EVs.
- Find like-minded friends: Join local EV communities such as the Mississauga EV Society and eMERGE’s EV Ambassadors Club in Guelph to meet and share EV experiences, organize community events, and facilitate public outreach about the benefits of EVs.